Check out these 5 easy ways to instantly feel more relaxed
1. Breathe - Don't forget to breathe! Because breathing happens automatically we often don't pay any attention to the quality of our breath. Taking even 2-3 deep breaths can provide a tremendous benefit to keeping calm under pressure or when dealing with a stressful time or situation. In through the nose out through the mouth. Take 3 before reading on.
2. Let Go - Understand what you can and cannot control in your life. We often worry about a lot of things that are not under our direct control - like why there is a giant lineup at Starbucks when you are already running late. When we voluntarily choose to take on additional problems or worries that we have no power over we waste valuable energy. Instead get clear on what you can influence and take the necessary steps to obtain peace of mind. Oh and use the app maybe next time to skip the line!
3. Visualize - Visualization is one of the most powerful tools for manifesting results in our lives. If we know what we are after it becomes much easier to achieve. If we focus on relaxation when doing a visualization exercise, the results can be astounding. Take 5 minutes to sit quietly with your eyes closed and visualize the most relaxing scenario you could imagine yourself in. I'm talking king size bed, brand new bamboo sheets, masseuse rubbing your feet. Live there in full HD in your mind and feel the tension melt away.
4. Open Up - Open your mouth wide like a lion trying to swallow a camel. Hold it in that position and take a few deep breaths. Doing this releases the tension in your jaw and instantly makes you feel better. For added effect do it out in public. Do it now.
5. Laugh! - Laughing helps us to relax. If the day has got you feeling overwhelmed the best way to get rid of anxiety and stress is to laugh. Fire up a Russell Peters Netflix special or hit a comedy club. There is validity to the claim; laughter is the best medicine.
There are plenty of other ways to experience instant relaxation. Let us know your favourites in the comments section below!